Sunday, August 12, 2007

Eulogy


i guess i love philadelphia. i keep wanting to make this blog about something else. i say that i want to include experiences from all over and not just my daily philly travels. but...hey, i live here, i love here, i eat and drink here. it's an awesome place.

my husband and i visited a tavern today, on an amazingly beautiful sunday, a place called eulogy. yes, this post is not about a sermon or a funeral. it's about my awakening. i'm a wine girl, hence the title of this blog, but i love excellence and flavor. and this place has a beer list to beat any wine list, 4 pages, maybe 5, i can't recall.

i enjoyed a crisp australian cooper's sparkling ale and the hubby had a big giant bold victory ale's v12 brew, 12 % alcohol, that's right, straight from downingtown, pa. and did i mention that the food was big in flavor and proportion?

they have this freaky little room upstairs in the back that is dark, has glass tables with business cards and skeletons inside. Don't ask why.

just visit eulogy at 136 chestnut st. philly. http://www.eulogybar.com/.

the wine list only has 6 wines on it, but their sins are forgiven. they can now go to heaven.

*photo courtesy of www.eulogybar.com



don't be afraid to tilt the glass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody marvellous beer, that Coppers Sparkling Ale!

Philly Wine Lady said...

Hi Trent!, I don't know what it is about me and the land down under, but here I am in Philly,with 4-5 pages of beers and I choose an Aussie favorite. But Cooper's sparkling is just how I like beer to be, crisp,refreshing and you can drink more than one!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
You shouldn't drink too much beer, cos you have to leave room for wine!
And my spelling is crook - try Coopers instead ...