Wednesday, May 30, 2007

one of those nights i wont drink wine

tonight i am headed to a phillies game with my husband and a business colleague of his. i love the phillies, love baseball, hotdogs...you get the picture. and that citizens bank ball park...is amazing. fresh, modern and packed with all varieties of food choices. but let's face it, in some areas of life, beer rules. and this is one of those areas. and the stupid beer at the ball park (no offense to anchor steam brewery, which i think does sell its beer at citi park and is pretty tasty) is extremely over-priced.

so it's either pepsi or coke, which i think is pepsi at citi park or beer. so tonight with my well-deserved hotdog and fries, i think i'll coax my husband into fetching me an anchor steam, he'll cringe while he pulls the money out of his wallet to take the dreaded walk. i'll be thinking about the fact that i could have purchased almost a whole bottle of wine for that price. but i will drink it with my salty meal and dream of riesling.

hey, i just remembered there's a few drops of riesling left in the fridge...
avia riesling, cheap and tasty, big bottle, 1.5 liter for under 8 bucks.

don't be afraid to tilt the glass.

2 comments:

Murph said...

I too have this problem down at the ballpark....I suppose you have to take it for what it is. I used to live in San Francisco, where they tailgate with wine and cheese, as well as Lobster and other things... and, I believe they serve wine in the stadiums, as well as some non-salty and vegetarian food options.

Have an excellent day!

Peace.

Murph
Philadelphia

Btw- can you make a e-mail list for when you do updates?

Philly Wine Lady said...

Murph, may the Universe bless you with wine and kisses. Thanks so much for your comment, As you can see, I just started this blog. I have been wanting to do it for soooo long and I appreciate you taking the time to read. I will work on an email list for updates.

My husband and I have been to San Francisco. And truly, I left a bit of my heart there. Yes, the ballpark food is amazing. We had some loaded nachos that night and some other mexican fare, I believe, so we took advantage of the beer selection.
I am updating the blog on tuesdays and thursdays, so feel free to pass it on.
Cheers